Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cirque De Soleil & Six Flags!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We had an eventful one! The Cirque De Soleil "Alegria" was in town for the week so we decided to go to a showing of it on Saturday. It was a beautiful show, and I wish we could have taken lots pictures but there were no cameras allowed...ok...so we got one. I couldn't resist! There were all sorts of high flying acts, amazing fire dancers, and great singing! The picture below is at the end of Alegria when the whole cast comes out, they all removed their head dresses and wigs which I thought was neat. (Click to enlarge)


Here is one of me leaving the show!



On Sunday we drove to Six Flags in Vallejo, California. It was a beautiful day... full of sunshine and apparently everything I am allergic to in the air. Before the extreme allergy meltdown we were able to ride a few roller coasters and watch some shows! This Six Flags was a Zoo/Theme Park mix. Zak was behind the camera all weekend so I don't have any pics of him at the park... I promise he went and enjoyed himself too.. :) Here is a picture of me in front of the "Medusa". This coaster had an awesome drop, and of coarse we sat in the front! 


Here is one of a White Bengal Tiger swimming under water... 



And an Elephant under water... 



This Six Flags also had an orca show, the name of their whale is "Shouka". It was pretty neat, and im glad we didnt sit in the first couple of rows because they got soaked! 


Unfortunately the downfall of our trip was at the Shouka show.. allergy attack x10! At this point I was sneezing every 30 seconds in sets of 4-5 sneezes. My eyes were swelling shut, and I could no longer function as a happy being at Six Flags. Zak would love if I posted the picture that would pretty much sum up how I was feeling... so here it is... 


Yes, it was time to leave Six Flags. I was disappointed that we weren't able to ride any more of the roller coasters because I love theme parks. So we got back to our hotel armed with allergy nasal swabs and eye drops, and somewhere between Vallejo and Sacramento Zak and I started coming down with a stomach bug.. awesome. Needless to say Zak is off work today and we are both laying in bed, but feeling much better than we were last night! 

P.S. HAPPY *7TH BIRTHDAY* TO OUR NEPHEW ALEX AND HAPPY *17TH BIRTHDAY* TO ZAK'S SISTER BRITTANY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment