Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Celtics lost and our car lost a window...and a gps..

Wow! What an interesting week this has been. I can honestly say that our life is anything but dull! The absolutely-amazing-omg-is-this-really-happening-moment came when we finalllllllllllllllly got our plane tickets to South Korea! Two one way tickets to half way across the world, YAY! They tried to put us on a non-stop flight from the east coast, but uhh that would have pretty much taken us 20+ hours. So instead we are flying from Pennsylvania to Los Angeles and staying the night there. The next day we will board our flight to Seoul, Korea, which is a whopping 12 hours. When I was a young kiddo I made a trans-Atlantic flight when we moved to the States from England but only vaguely remember the trip. Since then my longest flight has been 5-6 hours... I have no idea what to do on a 12 hour flight! Zak on the other hand has made many long flights to and from Southwest Asia... just a perk of his job I suppose. (Just kidding)

In other news, when the NBA Finals began Zak and I told each other who we think would win, and during which game. Mine went like this..

Game 1- Lakers ...and they won.
Game 2- Celtics ...and they won.
Game 3- Lakers ...and they won.
Game 4- Celtics ...and they won.
Game 5- Celtics ...and they won.
Game 6- Lakers ...and they won.
Game 7- Celtics ..and they... I still can't bring myself to say it.

So you figure since I predicted all those correctly that the stars would align and the Celtics would pull through for my game 7 prediction right? Ugh, wrong. Ok ok so I was the only person cheering on the Celtics in a bar full of Laker fans, and saw my sweet victory coming in the last 10 seconds. And. Then. They. Lost. :( Gloat on Zak, gloat on.

To top off an awesome night, it turns out as we were sleeping our rental car got broken into! There were about 5 other cars that got broken into as well, so much for your "security" Hilton! Oops I forgot, the security is only here on the weekends.. because thats when all crimes happen of coarse! Heres some pictures of what we woke up to...






I am sad to say that our awesome GPS/PMP got stolen! I have never been robbed before and feel violated! That was the first "big" purchase Zak and I made together as a couple, and we saved up for a while to get it, back when we would scrape pennies together for toilet paper. So its unsettling to know its in the hands of a thief that will probably only sell it for $25 and doesn't know its true potential! (because it is far more than just a GPS!) Ah well, at least they were too stupid to steal the Ray Ban's that were sitting right below it. So long Cowon Q5W.. we will miss your British accent, and im sorry we were stupid enough to leave you in the car!

After a couple hours of dealing with this mess, we got a new rental and are moving past this incident and learning from it!

 Zak, his co-worker and I are going out to this place called "The Kitchen Restaurant" tonight. Gourmet Chef's cook your 5 course meal right in front of you.. heres a link if you want to read more about it.. The Kitchen Restaurant. Blog to follow! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment