Monday, June 14, 2010

A week of squid and... magical mouthwash?!

After the bout of sickness we both contracted last weekend I was hoping for a great week ahead of us. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel as far as my allergies were concerned and Zak managed to get his way back to work! So in light of feeling better we went for a sushi night. It was a great little restaurant in the corner of a strip mall, with all you can eat sushi! We sat at the sushi bar while little boats floated around in front of us, each of the boats had different sushi, squid, fish eggs, etc. on them. I settled down with a glass of Chardonnay and my new favorite sushi roll, the "spider roll". Zak on the other hand had plans to settle down with this little guy...

(click to enlarge)

To our dismay we started feeling like sh*t again on Tuesday. So we decided to tough it out as we figured it would be another round of a 24 hour bug. Wednesday rolls around and our symptoms were getting worse so we decided to head to a clinic! But we did it the Moreland way... I took Zak in to get his stomach issues sorted out in the morning thinking that I still would get over my sore throat and fever, and he saw the doctor and we carried on with our day. But by about 8pm I could no longer stand the pain and I clearly was developing some sort of blisters on my tonsils, and off we went to the clinic again. After being asked a few times "weren't you here earlier?" I was finally able to see a doctor who later diagnosed me with tonsillitis.

The best part of this story is when we were on the hunt for a 24 hour pharmacy at 10pm. We found ourselves at a Walgreens in the middle of bum-central. I think we got asked for money about 5 times while we were there, and felt as though we were the only "normal" people inside of this store. Luckily we got some added humor when the pharmacist discovered that I had been prescribed "Magic Mouthwash" which she later re-named "Magical Mouthwash" because she felt it was more fitting for the concoction of antacid, lidocain, and antibiotic she mixed together for me.



Off we went back to the hotel for some more R&R. But good news came on Thursday when we found out we FINALLY (like 1 year later finally) got our orders for Korea! Yes, it is true readers.. we are off to the land of "not quite right" next month. I never feel that anything is set in stone though, because after all, we are dealing with the Department of the Army here... things change quickly! Prime example: the day after we got our orders for Korea, Zak got a wonderful FedEx package stating that he needs to report back to active duty. SAY WHAT?! Yes Zak did sign on for 8 years of Army (4 active duty, 4 inactive reserve), but this really happens?...yes and of coarse it would happen to us! Luckily he is already a civilian employee of the Army, so its still looking like Korea is the plan.

Thanks for reading, sending our love to you all! xxxx

PS. Have you seen "Get Him to the Greek" yet?! It is definitely a comedy must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment