Tuesday, May 1, 2012

To The Motherland...Wales.

Ah Wales, where to start? It is such a beautiful and quiet country that is filled with so much of my family's history. To be able to experience where my mother and all of her siblings, aunts, uncles, mother and father grew up has filled a hole in my life and for that I will always cherish this trip. Walking through the rolling hills and seeing all the little lambs and the smile on my mother's face to see her youngest daughter living this moment is unforgettable. I hope I can share how much these moments meant to me through the pictures I have taken:

Entering Wales! 

Mom and I shopping in Cardiff

Aunty Jane, my cousin Kayleigh and Mom in Cardiff

Driving through Brecon Beacons

The following pictures are in Llandrindod Wells, a small town in Wales where some of my mom's siblings and my cousins grew up. 



My Nan used to live in here above the optician




Now we are on our way to where my mother, one of her sisters, and brother grew up. 



The house in the next photos has SO much history in my mom's family. Her father and his siblings as well as my mom and some of her siblings grew up in this house called "Tynant". We originally planned to walk up the lane and take a few photos with it but the current owner actually invited us in. As soon as we entered you could just feel the emotions in the room and all of the memories it brought back to my mother. It was such a bittersweet thing to witness. So after having some tea and chatting with the owners my mother and my Aunty Elaine said their goodbye's to Tynant.









That concludes our trip to Wales, a country where I was thankful to breath the fresh air and understand where I come from. I am proud to say that I am Welsh! Iechyd da!

Thanks for reading!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment