Monday, May 7, 2012

Fussen, Germany

The last stop on my Euro-family visit was Fussen, Germany! This was the first time I had ever been to Germany and the city my uncle lives in is so picturesque. We only stayed for a few days but I would have loved to stay longer. The Alps were magnificent to see and we also drove through part of Austria (which is just around the corner). These photos are taken just down the street from my uncle's home: 




My mom and her brother 


Mom and my cousins :)


Ah, nothing better than a good German beer after the lack of good draft beer in Korea.

My cousin Wolfgang! 

The street my uncle lives on, pretty unbelievable how beautiful it is. 

Fussen, Germany is a very touristy area because it is home of the Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castles of King Ludwig. The Neushwanstein Castle was being renovated but it was still breath taking to see in person. 



Here I am with my Uncle Ian and his wife Katarina at the base of the mountain my uncle jumps off of with a paraglide just about every day for a living:


That concludes my travels through Europe, I cannot wait to go back and see everyone again! It is truly an awesome feeling to know that I have family all over the world. But just as I have time to wind down again Zak, Pip and I are escaping Korea's monsoon season and heading across the Atlantic to begin a 2 month long journey through the states to see all of our stateside family and friends! 

I am looking forward to sharing the fun times we have ahead, thank you so much for reading!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment