Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Chuseok!

Fall is right around the corner, and it is time to celebrate Chuseok! Chuseok is a holiday here in Korea where families get together and share their great harvest. Many Koreans pay respect to their great ancestors during the Chuseok Festival, and it lasts for 3 days. It is similar to our Thanksgiving. People also take this opportunity to go on a vacation, I pulled up a picture of what we can expect the roads to look like into this weekend:
Needless to say, Zak and I don't plan on traveling. 

However we will be studying hard for our Korean driver's license because our car has arrived in Korea, it is in Seoul now waiting for us to come pick it up! After we get our licenses of coarse...

Last weekend Zak and I stumbled upon a street festival in Songtan, there was lots of games, chicken on stick,  cross dressing singers, and soju! Here are some pictures:


(I think I might have scared Spongebob!)

Here is Zak rocking out to the live band..
I hope your speakers were down, Zak's got one hell of a yeti yell. 

We had a great night, and its even better when you know you have a little dog to come home to at night! :) I will leave you with a video of Pip:


Hope everyone enjoys their last few days of Summer, it's Fall on Wednesday! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment