Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Glowing Toilet

Another exciting day in the Moreland household! We decided to open up a box that came with out apartment that has been sitting in an empty bedroom for the past month. When opening the box we found user manuals to just about everything in our house. Thank goodness the Korean's love to put picture-grams with everything because I wouldn't know how to decode these user manuals without them. Underneath the user manuals we discovered about 10 remote controls! So we spent the rest of the evening walking around the house with every remote to see what it turned on, the lights, the heater, the camera, the food washer, the UV sanitizer, the air conditioner, and the toilet...wait.. what? A remote for our toilet?! It is not just a remote for the toilet, it is a remote to turn the light on in our toilet. I have no idea what the purpose of this infrared light in our toilet is, Zak thinks it to keep your bum warm. So in true Moreland nature I felt the need to document this discovery...





Does anyone else have a glowing toilet? Do YOU know what its used for?!

Another discovery, the "Soju Kettle". We went out to go play pool with some friends last night and he recommended that we try a soju kettle. Usually when you get a soju drink there are many flavors to choose from, but the soju kettle has one flavor...original. It ended up tasting like lime kool-aid. Here is a photo of our kettle...

I think we had about 3 kettles, and by the time the lady selling things came around I was pretty toasted. You see, here in Korea, they get you when you are at your weakest. A woman wearing a necklace that states she is deaf holds up a sign that says "Thank You, I Love You" and asks me to buy something. This is what I chose on this particular evening:


(elephants under a palm tree)
Just another Korean bar trinket to add to the collection.

Thanks for reading, you are awesome.

P.S. Does your McDonalds do delivery?
(Mine does) :-P


9 comments:

  1. ok .... who has radioactive poops ? LOL at least you can find the toilet in the dark LOL great pics nikki <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My McD's does too! woohoo!!

    Um...wow. I seriously cannot imagine! Did you google it? I just HAVE to know now! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ONLY thing I could find about a light in the toilet...is if the light is red, the seat is UP but if it is green the seat is DOWN!

    But your light doesn't turn green...so I HAVE NO IDEA! That's so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldnt find anything on google either! Your guess is as good as mine. That would be awesome if it was a multi colored light show in the toilet.. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's Joseph Choi, I just check'd online after seeing this post, your toilet's light is Red infrared and it's there to keep your bottom sanitized while you're doing your business. lol
    so, I guess, it works with the bidet thing that's installed on the toilet and it kills bacterias and whatnot for you. also, it's fairly new invention and design so, I'm surprise to see that in your apartment. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the insight Joseph! I have never had a toilet with a user manual before, it is quite interesting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. well at least you can find the toilet when you are stumbling around in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that toilet is hilarious! must show my husband asap.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete