Friday, July 30, 2010

We signed a lease, and caught the "crud"...

This week Zak and I decided to venture into Suwon, Zak had never been there before, and obviously neither had I. We took the metro and it only took us about 30 minutes to get there. The station in Suwon is like the station in Pyeongtaek, it is a giant mall! But the one in Suwon also has an underground mall. We looked around the mall (AK Plaza) and I found the holy grail of make up! I was so convinced that Korea did not have any brands of make up that I am used to using, but little did I know it was all hiding in this mall. :) As we were walking through another level, we spotted some odd "art"... if you can call it that? Apparently someone has a fascination with making dead bugs smoke cigarettes and battle with each other...




And me with an alligator made out of scraps:


After we shopped around there a bit we went outside of the station and starting looking around at all the stores in Suwon. We were pretty hungry at this point and decided to go to a Korean BBQ, where you do the BBQ'ing yourself. They just give you a bunch of meat and a hot stone, and your supposed to know what to do with the rest! We winged it by watching what everyone else was doing, and must not have been doing it right because a waitress came and re-arranged the whole thing for us! Here is a picture of Zak while we were BBQ'ing:

After we ate I went into a beauty store that I had scoped out before we had dinner. Upon entering I was handed a basket of free goodies such as lotion, face wash, and ICE CREAM! And I also ended up buying some more face lotion.. and got more free samples! I love Korea!

Some time between then and now Zak and I caught the dreaded Korean crud. It is known that most countries have different organisms and germs hanging around and we were bound to be plagued by them at some point no matter how much we used germ killers. It really is not fun to describe how we are feeling, but I think we are getting better... until we meet up with some new germies.

On a better note, we signed our lease for an apartment! It was quite a process, being that our realtor and land lord are Korean. Our realtor speaks broken english, and the land lord doesnt speak a bit of it. We had to do negotiations with them and then go on Camp Humphreys with them and sign the lease with the housing office. Im happy with the way it turned out, since we have such a nice place! The only expense we need to cover is our cable and internet. We will be moving in this weekend, our first night will be on Monday. Since we have none of our house hold goods yet, we will be sleeping on our new sectional until some time in September, hopefully earlier! But I would rather be in our "home" than in a hotel, and I don't mind sofa sleeping. :) Here are some pictures of the new place, they aren't very good... but they will suffice until I can do a video walk through for everyone!









I forgot to take pictures of the master bedroom, and the two other rooms that will be our workout room and office. After we move in I will post the walk through video! :) Have a great weekend everyone! 


2 comments:

  1. wow ! what a GREAT place ! samantha likes the fancy toilet ! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's really big! I'm sorry that you and Zak got the crud. :( I hope that you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete