Monday, October 10, 2011

Oktoberfest @ the Seoul Grand Hilton

As I was perusing one of my Korean foodie blogs Seoul Eats I noticed a post about Oktoberfest in Seoul at the Grand Hilton and jumped on the opportunity to get tickets for this event. It was a surprise to Zak and I managed to actually keep it under wraps for the week prior to the event. I usually spill the beans within 24 hours of planning a surprise, so this was a big step for me! :-P So this event was a one time rate for unlimited German beer and cuisine, a live band from Germany, and a whole lot of fun! We definitely enjoyed ourselves and drank enough Paulaner beer for the year, I love Oktoberfest. It was nothing but a ballroom full of people who like to drink beer and eat pretzels, my kind of people!

Me in the hotel room before we went to Oktoberfest, trying to contain myself of spilling the beans! Oh and thanks for the free bottle of wine Seoul Grand Hilton, I had to drink it before Oktoberfest or else my husband would have been on to me that we are going to a drinking event if I didn't pop it open... ha ha



And now onto Oktoberfest, this right here made every penny worth it:



Tapping of the keg!


This Korean boy in his lederhosen was just too cute, even though he looked forced to wear this by his mother...


Zak about to arm wrestle..


We drink Paulaner beer! I wish you could here me singing this, because I have literally been singing it since Oktoberfest..


Drunk Nikki being silly..


And the people we shared our table with, they pretty much won all the competitions, the lady on the left it one hell of a beer chugger.. and the one on the right dominated in womens arm wrestling.


And a video I have put together from the event, beware there are embarrassing drunk moments that you will probably enjoy.. but hey it was Oktoberfest!


In all this was definitely an awesome time, we cannot wait to go again next year!!! I might just order some lederhosen  ;)

3 comments:

  1. That pretzel looks awesome.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. nikki, you're such a cute drunk!!! no chicken dance??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon, admittedly there was some chicken dancing going on too.. :P

    ReplyDelete