Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2014 Updates!

I started writing a Facebook update and realized it was more than a few sentences and didn't want to bore anyone's news feed with my ramblings. It then occurred to me that I have a blog that I have neglecting for the past six months (with good reason, life has been crazy!). This is going to be more writing than everyone is used to because I have a lot to explain, so bare with me!

First of all, when I left you last I am pretty sure we were discussing our move to Germany. Well that never happened and as much as I would have loved to move back to Europe I am happy now that we didn't. So since we heard news that we weren't able to move to Germany we decided to stay in Korea for another two years. Honestly, the last few years we have spent here have been the best. When I started writing this blog I was only about 20 years old, it almost feels like I was a different person then. I remember being that newlywed girl going on an adventure of a lifetime, living all over the United States in hotels and temporary apartments and then finding out that life would next be taking us to live in Korea. I have always been open to changes and I remember being in awe of the prospects of living on the other side of the world.

Now, four years later, I can't believe it is coming to an end. I really can't. As I sit here now I only have a little more than three weeks left in this place that has become my home. A lot of people come and go, most only staying for a year, which barely allows you the time to scratch the surface of this beautiful country. I can honestly say that I have grown up so much here and couldn't have wished for a better place to spend the first half of my twenties. I met many of my lifelong friends here and I happy to know that we will always have that special piece of memory to share. Now where do I/we go from here?

Zak and I took a leap of faith the past couple of months and after visiting home for the holidays we decided that we wanted to own a little piece of home and embarked on the adventure that is home ownership! It was a really long and tedious (and not fun at all) process but we are happy to say that we achieved one of our HUGE life goals that we set years ago, and that was to own a house on the beach. We are overjoyed and still waking up wondering if it was all a dream (im sure it won't be once we start making the mortgage payment next month!) and can't wait to start this new chapter of life. Unfortunately this means I have to move back to occupy our new home without Zak while he finishes out his commitment to his position here in Korea. But, if you know us or have been reading this blog for a REALLY long time you know we are always up for the challenge of a long distance relationship, after all, that's how we started!

We still have our crazy street dog if anyone is wondering :) She is going to stay here in Korea with Zak until later in the year when he is able to fly to the states to visit and then she will be a permanent US resident! I figured she could keep him company while at the same time I can do some renovations on our house without worrying about stepping on her.  Plus, I don't know how she will react to pooping on sand instead of grass so she needs some time to warm up to the idea of change! Ha!

I don't know if I have missed any major updates, but alas, I want to start posting here again to keep everyone in the loop of our crazy lives now that I have some extra time in the day to think. For now I will be stuffing my face with tons of Korean food, taking in all of the sunshine of the beautiful Korean spring and enjoying these last few weeks with my love!

Until next time, thanks for reading xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment