Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Indoor theme parks and Korean theater shows!

      Earlier this month Zak and I decided to take a trip to "Lotte World" (pretty much everything in Korea is owned by Lotte.. even our apartments!) the world's largest indoor theme park! It is estimated that 8 million people visit Lotte World every year. I can see why, because it was below freezing outside and we were on the inside having fun on the roller coasters! Lotte World does have an outside portion with more thrilling rides, and we braved the cold for a few of them.

There were roller coasters going in and out of the walls, pharoah boats almost touching the ceiling and even an ice skating rink (which we did not attempt to do, due to the fact that the little 5 year old Korean speed skaters would have shown us up!). And this is me upside down on a ride..


All in all it was a very neat place to visit for a few hours, I would recommend not going on a weekend though if you can.. the lines can get verrrrrry long! 


The weekend after visiting Lotte World we decided to go see a Korean theater show called "JUMP". It is a martial arts based comedy show, with very little talking so we were able to understand the whole show. I definitely recommend seeing this show if you are in Seoul and have 2 hours to spare. Not only were the stunts awesome but it had the laughs to back it up! But before we went to the show we walked through some market areas in Seoul, the one I am pictured in below is Namdaemun Market, I had to cover my purse's eyes as we ventured through the land of fake purses hehe...


Then we randomly found a giant digital screen on our walk to the theater...


And here we are with our best "JUMP" pose as we were heading in to see the show:


Thanks for reading 
xxx



2 comments:

  1. I love Lotte World. I used to go there during American holidays on the weekdays if I had off work because Koreans never really celebrated American holidays and the lines were pretty much nonexistent. Darnit, I miss Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we went on a Monday but the Korean kids were still on Winter break so the lines started to get pretty long, but we were able to ride a lot of the rides! :)

    ReplyDelete